- The Cross was born after Thom received an honorable request to provide an image for a large wall, as
part of a redesign of the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte, North Carolina. Thom attended the re-
opening of the library in April of 2010, to unveil The Cross as a 32-foot mural. Thom has included
three hidden N’s in tribute to his wife Nanette.
- The Cross as a symbol of love for his wife, Nanette.
- The Cross is the third release in 2010, as well as the third release in the Epic Eight masterpieces
scheduled to release in 2010.
- Thom took inspiration from one of his prior releases, Sunrise, to create this extraordinary
work. Sunrise is now sold out from the Publisher in various sizes and editions (but I have some editions available), and is one of Thom’s most successful
pieces. The Cross is certain to follow the same path.
- The Cross is being released in four unique sizes – 12x24, 18x36, 24x48 and 30x60! Thom spent many hours
perfecting this masterpiece – the original canvas is an entire six feet long – the largest Thom has
- Visitors to the Billy Graham Library will be able to see the amazing installation of The Cross 32-
foot mural - plus will also encounter highlights and memorabilia from Billy Graham’s extraordinary
life, a journey from the pastures and dirt roads of North Carolina to platforms and arenas in the
world’s greatest cities.
- The centerpiece of the Billy Graham Library is A Journey of Faith, a presentation that features
multimedia displays and re-creations of his toric moments in Billy Graham’s life and ministry.
Spanning the decades from the 1940s to the present, the exhibits show how God prepared and used this
humble man to take the message of His unchanging love to an ever-changing world.
- Here is what Billy Graham has to say about Thom:
“God has certainly given you a wonderful talent,
and we are so glad that you have committed yourself to convey the Good News of the Gospel through each
and every painting.”